Our 3 Objectives
- Reliable infrastructure - Continue to enhance and support a secure, reliable infrastructure for Alameda County.
- Cost-effective Service - Provide cost-effective service and applications to meet customer needs.
- Enhanced capabilities - Continuously enhance ITD capabilities to serve customers.
Our Guiding Principles
- Support the business objectives and policy initiatives of the County Board of Supervisors.
- Conduct County business electronically and with self-service offerings.
- Treat information as a strategic resource.
- View technology investments from an enterprise perspective.
- Ensure electronic access to information and services while maintaining privacy.
- Support the Value Based Budgeting Priorities of the Board of Supervisors.
Information technology is a critical component of modern government. As a key support element for service delivery in County government, information technology is increasingly the vehicle of choice for direct delivery of County services. The purpose of this Strategic Plan is to assess the status of information technology in Alameda County government, provide guidance for all departments and decision makers, and maximize the positive impacts of information technology in delivering the best possible services to the residents of Alameda County at the lowest possible cost.
New Strategic Plan coming soon: Mapping out Vision 2026
Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.